turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HJR
Returning Member

How do I force the W-4 Calculator to take my taxable pension into consideration when calculating updated withholdings?

I receive a taxable pension and my wife is still employed.  When using the TurboTax W-4 Calculator, Intuit stated in this forum that a pension should go under other income but that does not allow me to identify how much I received thus far, YTD  withholdings nor does it calculate what I should have withheld in 2019.  Instead it places all additional withholdings in my wife's W-4.  The only way I can see to force the calculator to take my pension into consideration and calculate updated withholdings for both of us would be to enter it as monthly wages.  I can then transfer my numbers to a W-4P.  Anyone have any suggestions on the proper way to handle our situation?  

Thank you,  Howard

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I force the W-4 Calculator to take my taxable pension into consideration when calculating updated withholdings?

Well ... I would enter it as a W-2 and choose the monthly pay period so you get the correct info to put in the W-4p. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies