Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emurillo5

How do I ensure my Fidelity IRA withdrawal for home purchase is listed as distribution type 2? Didn't see anywhere to put this withdrawal reason online

On Fidelity's online withdrawal tool I didn't find any way to note that this should be counted as an exception, neither in this form: https://www.fidelity.com/bin-public/060_www_fidelity_com/documents/customer-service/withdrawals-ira-...
I want to make sure it will be listed as type 2 so I'm not charged penalties for this early withdrawal. Thanks.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I ensure my Fidelity IRA withdrawal for home purchase is listed as distribution type 2? Didn't see anywhere to put this withdrawal reason online

Fidelity won’t know what you are using the money for and they can’t take your word for it in any case. Your distribution will be coded as 1, no known exception. When you file your tax return, you will certify that you qualify for the exception. The IRS has the option of auditing you, of course, and asking for proof, but most taxpayers are never audited.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies