niftyjudi77

How do I determine how much of what I receive from my PERSI retirement fund is to be considered the RMD amount? I don't see it listed on the 1099R

DS30

You will meet the RMD requirements related to your PERSI retirement distribution (see below)

Since the IRS requires the reporting of all RMD payments relates to all qualified plans (and your PERSI retirement fund falls under this category), the system will still ask about RMD (even if it does not apply to your PERSI distributions).

Therefore,  if you are asked a question about taking an RMD (because you meet the age requirements) from your PERSI retirement when entering your 1099-R information, the answer is "yes" that this withdrawal was an RMD and that all the distribution was an RMD (screenshot)

Please click this link IRS - Retirement Plan and IRA required minimum distributions for more information.

DS30