boumanl

Hi. In inputting my husband's 1099-R form, the box 9a (Your percentage of total distribution), the 1099 says 0% but TurboTax says I must input 0.01% as a minimum amnt

AnthonyC

You should leave box 9a blank - do not put in the 0%.  

This is true of most entries in the program - unless it specifically says to enter a 0 in the program, you should leave any zero items as blanks.  If you enter the 0%, for this box, the program reads it as a value and wants to have a value greater than 0.01%.

AnthonyC

boumanl

Thank you so much!  I didn't realize you had responded.  This helps me so much and puts my mind at ease!!!  I really appreciate it. 🙂