Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zaid_juan

Hi,I have two 1099-R's but these were for the same money which was transferred from a former job to an account which was first transferred to a Traditional IRA and then it was transferred to a Roth IRA. Do I need to report both 1099-R's? My concern is t

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi,I have two 1099-R's but these were for the same money which was transferred from a former job to an account which was first transferred to a Traditional IRA and then it was transferred to a Roth IRA. Do I need to report both 1099-R's? My concern is t

You must report each and every 1099-R that you get. No exceptions. Just enter them as they are and Turbotax will figure it out. All of the distributions will show in the Income Summary page, but that does not mean that they are all taxable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You must report each and every 1099-R that you get. No exceptions. Just enter them as they are and Turbotax will figure it out. All of the distributions will show in the Income Summary page, but that does not mean that they are all taxable.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies