Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1040-SR for Seniors and Duplex Printing

Is there a way NOT to use Form 1040-SR?  I don't mind having it available or even as a default as long as I can use and file the regular Form 1040.  I like to compare years side-by-side and this doesn't work well when there is one year of each.  Please let me choose my form.  And while I'm venting, please also fix the crappy print program that duplexes the first page of the Form 1040 on the back side of the Payment Voucher.  Your programmers are smart enough to insert a blank page if needed for duplex printing.

.soapbox off

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You didn't say whether your are using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software.

If you are using TurboTax Online there is no way to make it print Form 1040 if you are 65 or older.

If you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software, go to forms mode and open the Federal Information Worksheet. In Part II of the worksheet, below your address, there is a line that says "Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040." Click the No box on that line.

TurboTax does not do the actual printing. It only creates a PDF. The duplex printing comes from the PDF viewing program that you are using, or from the print options that you select.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You didn't say whether your are using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software.

If you are using TurboTax Online there is no way to make it print Form 1040 if you are 65 or older.

If you are using the CD/Download TurboTax software, go to forms mode and open the Federal Information Worksheet. In Part II of the worksheet, below your address, there is a line that says "Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040." Click the No box on that line.

TurboTax does not do the actual printing. It only creates a PDF. The duplex printing comes from the PDF viewing program that you are using, or from the print options that you select.

Thank you so much for the helpful answer, that is perfect!  (I use the CD version.)  I was able to find the box and adjust as needed.   Regarding the printing, I do understand that TurboTax creates the PDF for printing, and also that there is a workaround by just printing the individual forms.  However, when the entire packaged is printed, I would still suggest that the application insert a blank page into the PDF if the first page of Form 1040 appears on an even numbered page.   (And ditto for the first page of the state return.)   Maybe that can be a future enhancement.  Nevertheless, I appreciate your very helpful response!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies