Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

'For the question of \"Where is This Distribution From?\", what source do I choose for a Non-Qualified distribution from an Annuity?.'

My mother passed away and I was one of the beneficiaries on one of her Non-Qualified Annuities.  I took a lump sum payout.  I received my 1099-R and have entered the information into TurboTax.  Box 7, I entered 4D from the 1099-R.  The IRA/SEP/SIMPLE Box is not checked.  For the question of \"Where is This Distribution From?\", what source do I choose for a Non-Qualified distribution from an Annuity?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

'For the question of \"Where is This Distribution From?\", what source do I choose for a Non-Qualified distribution from an Annuity?.'

It depends.  I followed the screen prompts based on your information and here are the steps.

•  If you answered the question, 'What kind of retirement plan do you have?' by selecting 'Non-qualified plan', the next screen asks 'Do any of these situations apply to you?' would likely be 'None of these apply'. Next you will be asked if this was an RMD and you can select the entire distribution.

Please update here if you have additional questions with more detail (maybe a screen image with all personal details removed) and we can help.

I am sending my sympathies to you and your family. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies