turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

phil2800
Returning Member

For NJ "Other Retirement Income Exclusions" Worksheet Line 10, the total on line 10 is meant to populate line 28b on NJ 1040 Page 2. It doesn't seem to be doing that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

For NJ "Other Retirement Income Exclusions" Worksheet Line 10, the total on line 10 is meant to populate line 28b on NJ 1040 Page 2. It doesn't seem to be doing that.

Make sure you entered your 1099-R correctly in your Federal return.

You may want to Delete/Re-Enter it to get the proper screens to come up in this section after your entry.

Click this link for more info New Jersey Pension Exclusions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

check that Line 27 is less that $100,000.

Otherwise, Line 28 will be zero.

JM86
Returning Member

line 28 B of NJ 1040 does not appear to be calculating correctly. i.e. for a single person the amount should 75,000 less retirement/pension income from line 28A. It appears the program is subtracting all income.

phil2800
Returning Member

I'm going to reopen my case [social security number removed] since I'd like to see TT fix this before I send in my return

phil2800
Returning Member

Tried that, the entries were correct but I readded them.  I did see to get some different questions this time but the end result was the same

phil2800
Returning Member

Thanks this was under 100k

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies