Error Messages: "Job Expenses for w-2 income" gets...

uvg2017

Error Messages: "Job Expenses for w-2 income" gets "Not Started" (it's one answer: no), and 1099 entries gets "Needs Review." Been over each 20 times.

Is there no tech support? These are not tax questions!
GiseleD

1) Regarding the job expenses for W-2, you may have accidentally started/created Form 2016 (the form where employee business expenses are documented). You will need to delete this form to make the error go away. Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

2) Regarding the issue with the 1099, in the review screen, there should be a second window on that page with a picture of your tax form. If you use that second window to scroll down, the missing/erroneous information should be marked. You may be able to correct it directly in that form. If not, this will at least tell you what information is missing/erroneous, and then you can go back into the interview from the beginning and fix it. 

uvg2017

Gisele, There was no 1016 form in the area you led me to, and somehow I was able to just keep clicking thru ignoring error messages and it got to "let's wrap things up" and said there was only 1 issue (my missing 1095A for health insurance, which the Health Connector didn't mail but allegedly is doing (sent me useless other form by mistake). I have a feeling once I enter that, if anything is still outstanding it'll tell me!

But I appreciate your thorough response, it was compressible and friendly, thank you!

Ann