Solved: Entering SSA-1099 , TT wants to know if I ever received a lump sum from SSA and when(2001 I think), and what was the box 5 amount that year? 16 years ago? why?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering SSA-1099 , TT wants to know if I ever received a lump sum from SSA and when(2001 I think), and what was the box 5 amount that year? 16 years ago? why?

is this necessary or should I just answer NO to the first question ?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entering SSA-1099 , TT wants to know if I ever received a lump sum from SSA and when(2001 I think), and what was the box 5 amount that year? 16 years ago? why?

You can answer "No" to that question.

TurboTax wants to know if it needs to make the Lump sum election. Because your lump sum distribution was so long ago, you can safely ignore this question. Just answer no and move on.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can answer "No" to that question.

TurboTax wants to know if it needs to make the Lump sum election. Because your lump sum distribution was so long ago, you can safely ignore this question. Just answer no and move on.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings