Solved: Entering SSA-1099 , TT wants to know if I ever received a lump sum from SSA and when(2001 I think), and what was the box 5 amount that year? 16 years ago? why?

Entering SSA-1099 , TT wants to know if I ever received a lump sum from SSA and when(2001 I think), and what was the box 5 amount that year? 16 years ago? why?

is this necessary or should I just answer NO to the first question ?

You can answer "No" to that question.

TurboTax wants to know if it needs to make the Lump sum election. Because your lump sum distribution was so long ago, you can safely ignore this question. Just answer no and move on.

You can answer "No" to that question.