turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

leesk7

Entering my total Roth IRA contributions for 2023 needs Form 5498-S and my company 401k company Fidelity webpage shows it will be available on 5/17/2024.

I don't know how I did it last year submitting the tax form by April 15th.  But I did it last year.  I don't know what was changed in TurboTax questions.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Entering my total Roth IRA contributions for 2023 needs Form 5498-S and my company 401k company Fidelity webpage shows it will be available on 5/17/2024.

You need to enter IRA contributions made for tax year 2023. You need to enter the value of the account either on Dec 31 or if you made contributions this year, the value after the contribution. 

You don't need the 5498 to file your taxes. You need to keep it in your financial notebook. If you don't have one, I want to urge you to create a financial notebook that is kept separate from your tax return. Keep it safe and each year, add your year-end statements from all your financial accounts plus a copy of your W2’s, your  carryover information, and proof of your basis in your various investments. You must keep tax records  from the time you purchase until sold/ loss used plus 3 years. It is very easy to lose track of disallowed losses, carryforwards,  and basis.

This can be a digital or paper notebook.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies