flyinak

Does a direct rollover from a ESOP retirement plan to a traditional IRA treated as income? I entered my 1099-R into Turbo Tax, and it is coming up as taxable income

Does a direct rollover from a ESOP retirement plan to a traditional IRA treated as income? I entered my 1099-R into Turbo Tax, and it is coming up as taxable income. Yes box 7 is checked as G

macuser_22

Income, yes, on the income summary screen.   Taxable income, no, on line 4b on the 1040 screen.

If on line 4b, the delete the 1099-R and re-enter.  Code G should also have a zero in box 2a.