turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amos03795

Does a box in 13 have to be checked? No boxes are checked on my W-2 and turbo tax will not let me continue

How can I finish filing if it won't let me past this page?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Does a box in 13 have to be checked? No boxes are checked on my W-2 and turbo tax will not let me continue

It is very common for there not to be a checkmark in any of the checkboxes for Box 13 in a Form W-2.

When you say it will not let you continue, is there an error message that mentions box 13? or does it highlight that section?

If there is a Code in Box 12 for a retirement plan, it may be looking for that to be checked in Box 13

If you have error messages to fix entries on this particular page and you have "copied and pasted" to enter some of the information, it might have spaces or other invisible formatting characters that are causing the errors.  Please be sure there are no extra spaces before the entries or after the entries.  If you imported the document, please delete and try reentering manually.  Also, be sure there are no zeros listed. If the box is blank, please leave it blank.

If this does not completely solve the problem, please let us know more details, so we may better assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies