Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I qualify for Form 4361 if I receive Social Security and I am employed as a minister?

How do I take a vow of poverty?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I qualify for Form 4361 if I receive Social Security and I am employed as a minister?

The form certifies that the individual is opposed to receiving public insurance benefits based on the individual's religious beliefs. Public insurance refers to insurance systems established by the Social Security Act, which makes payments toward the cost of providing Social Security Retirement, Social Security Disability and/or Medicare benefits to those who qualify.

But you said that you are receiving Social Security now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The form certifies that the individual is opposed to receiving public insurance benefits based on the individual's religious beliefs. Public insurance refers to insurance systems established by the Social Security Act, which makes payments toward the cost of providing Social Security Retirement, Social Security Disability and/or Medicare benefits to those who qualify.

But you said that you are receiving Social Security now.

"How do I take a vow of poverty?"
Please consult the officials of your church. We cannot offer legal advice here.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies