Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

completing state tax and "bribery question" prompt comes up

When completing my state tax error check, an "error" message comes up stating that the "bribery question" on the "state worksheet" was left blank and that I have to check "bribery-yes" or "bribery-no"

I don't see the question anywhere in the form as I'm completing it and I certainly don't want to give the incorrect answer and say that I have committed bribery of any kind, so how do I respond to this???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

First, what state? And Second, can you not just check NO for bribery on the review question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1. This was for New York State.

2. The point of my question is that I did not know what the question was asking (for example, what if this was the question: "was your conviction for bribery overturned?" or "if you've ever been convicted of bribery, did you complete your sentence for the crime?"). The prompt did not specify what the "bribery question" was asking, so I did not know how to respond. Odd also that this is the first time this prompt popped up as I've been using TurboTax for many years. Found my answer in another, more helpful post. Thank you nonetheless. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies