Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I include the amount I repaid back to Arizona DES ememployment in 2020, even though my official 1099-G form lacks this information?

My 1099-G form is showing that I received $3,360 worth of unemployement from Arizona. However, nowhere on the 1099-G form does it show that I paid back $840. This means the goverment only gave me a net total of $2,520 for the year 2020. Can I put the correct information on my taxes while ignoring this misleading information that's on my 1099-G form?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Can I include the amount I repaid back to Arizona DES ememployment in 2020, even though my official 1099-G form lacks this information?

I'm assuming this happened in the same year? The best thing to do is call the agency, tell them about the discrepancy and get a corrected form. If you do include it, you may get an IRS letter. It is better and easier in the long run to do things correctly in the long run rather than try to fix it afterwards.

Thanks for answering thoughtfully, and yes this happened in the same year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies