Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening TODAY!

Can I file my taxes if I don't have the 1099. Was leagally sepreated in 2016. Move to California in Januray. Suppose to get 1099 for Sub-contract, but move down here

I also sold the house but no profit just wanted the loan to get payoff.

RichardK

If you received subcontracting  income in 2016, you report that income on your 2016 tax return. You are allowed to file your return without the 1099-MISC, as long as you report all your income. 

RichardK