Box 19-1 is invalid for Electronic Filing. Your local withholdings cant be more that half of your local wages. On my W-2 box 17 has 9.04, 18 is 0, 19 has 108.12.

Box 19-1 is invalid for Electronic Filing. Your local withholdings cant be more that half of your local wages. On my W-2 box 17 has 9.04, box 18 is 0, box 19 has 108.12, and 20 has CA SDI.  How do I fix this?

PhyllisG

Because your local wages (box 18) are zero, and Box 19 has a figure in it, you must contact your employer and request a corrected Form W-2c.

However, if you have keyed in the wrong information, do the following while in your return:

Select the Federal Taxes tab

Select Wages and Income 

Click I'll choose what I work on

Scroll to Wages and Salaries

Click Update to make any changes

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing