Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AZ Return is Not Exempting Military Retirement for 2023

I completed my 2022 Federal and Arizona tax returns using TurboTax and my state return correctly exempted my Military retirement income from Arizona tax.

Completing my state return for Arizona in TurboTax, it is not reflecting my Military retirement income as exempt and I cannot find a way to correct this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Online, on the Arizona state income tax return, I was able to report the Uniformed Services Pension Deduction to exclude military pension.

The deduction is reported at the screen Uniformed Services Pension Deduction Summary.

When entering the IRS 1099-R Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, I selected Retired or retainer pay of the uniformed services of the US at the screen Where is your distribution from?

Information about the Exclusion for Retired or Retainer Pay of the Uniformed Services of the US may be found in Arizona Form 140 Resident Personal Income Tax Booklet found here, page 15. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Online, on the Arizona state income tax return, I was able to report the Uniformed Services Pension Deduction to exclude military pension.

The deduction is reported at the screen Uniformed Services Pension Deduction Summary.

When entering the IRS 1099-R Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, I selected Retired or retainer pay of the uniformed services of the US at the screen Where is your distribution from?

Information about the Exclusion for Retired or Retainer Pay of the Uniformed Services of the US may be found in Arizona Form 140 Resident Personal Income Tax Booklet found here, page 15. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you very much for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies