Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyway to correct turbotax's mistake saying I had excess contribution to HSA? The total contribution $2000 was way below the limit. I called fidelity to confirm that.

There is no option provided to deny or correct the mistake Turbotax made on the wrong number of excess contributions for HSA it provided. I heard I wasn't the only one who called fidelity for the same issue with Turbotax. If by design, this is unacceptable to force user to opt in paid service.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

Anyway to correct turbotax's mistake saying I had excess contribution to HSA? The total contribution $2000 was way below the limit. I called fidelity to confirm that.

TurboTax almost certainly did not make a mistake, and HSA custodians ate not in a position to make these judgements, either.

Please tell me the following:

1. is it just one HSA for one of you, or does your spouse also have an HSA?

2. Do you have Family HDHP coverage or just Self?

3. Did you have HDHP coverage for all 12 months?

4. Did either of you go on Medicare during the year?

5. Did either of you have conflicting medical coverage, like an FSA or employer coverage that was not HDHP?

6. Did either of you have excess HSA contributions in 2022 that you carried over?

Please answer these questions so that we can give you the right answers the first time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies