Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wjmarquis

All my transactions are auto imported into quickbooks. Turbotax added income from 1099-K that was already accounted for. How do you properly account for 1099-K payments?

I'm a sole-proprietor and the 1099-K PSE was my bank's payment method so I know that the transactions were already accounted for in my yearly income.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

All my transactions are auto imported into quickbooks. Turbotax added income from 1099-K that was already accounted for. How do you properly account for 1099-K payments?

Filing Form1099-K is a relatively new process. 

The ideal way would be to enter the 1099-K and link it to your Schedule C as the source of your income.

You can also enter it into the TurboTax program (the IRS will be looking for it) , link it to your Schedule C, and then make an entry for "1099-K duplicated reporting" as an expense on your Schedule C. (or some similar name that the IRS would understand if they looked at it. 

Whichever you decide is better for you, try to repeat the same process year after year (Unless the IRS publishes new reporting procedures for the 1099-K) as the IRS appreciates consistency. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies