turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rikdec19-2
Returning Member

After completing my income, turbotax still shows the 401k rollover as taxable income, even though code G is entered in box 7, and it is marked NO, not moved to Roth account. When/how does this change to nontaxable?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

After completing my income, turbotax still shows the 401k rollover as taxable income, even though code G is entered in box 7, and it is marked NO, not moved to Roth account. When/how does this change to nontaxable?

Go back through the Form 1099-R section for that distribution and carefully answer the follow-up questions.  Be sure that you did not indicate that it was rolled into a Roth 401k or Roth IRA.  Either of these options would make it a taxable event.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rikdec19-2
Returning Member

I went back through it 4 times.  Each time I verified it is not rolled into a Roth account.

Still shows up as taxable income

dkrich
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  Leaving me owing a gteat deal of taxes.  I also went through it several times and it still shows in the income total, but the money went to another IRA account.

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

Check to see if you accidentally checked the box "Yes, I moved the money to a Roth 401(k), 401(b), or 457(b) plan to a designated Roth 401(k), 403(b), or 457(b) plan." 

@dkrich

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rikdec19-2
Returning Member

I think it resolved the issue by completing the deductions sections.  Then it showed up as nontaxable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies