Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

457 B contributions

However, if you answer no because they were mandatory that is also incorrect. It says were employer contributions and they were not. They were employee mandatory contributions. Taken from the employee's pay.  So answering 'yes' or 'no' are both incorrect. I don't think it makes a lot of difference just do not really  know how to answer as the question does not give you the correct  option. thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

457 B contributions

To clarify, the question you are referring to is "Did you elect to have your employer make contributions to your deferred compensation plan?" after you enter the W-2?

From the Learn More link:

"How do I know if I elected to have my employer contribute to my plan?

What we mean here is did you request that your employer contribute money from your paycheck to your deferred compensation plan. If this sounds like your situation, select Yes.

If your employer contributed money that didn't come out of your paycheck, select No."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

457 B contributions

Hi Again, 

Yes that is the question. However, I am trying to say that neither answer of "yes" nor "no" applies. I did not request that contributions be taken, it is mandatory as is the amount taken, employees have no say in regards to that.   However, the employer does not  contribute the funds, the employee does, the funds are taken out pretax from employee's pay.  Therefore, the choices to answer are both incorrect.    thanks again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies