Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2019 TT online is saying we don't qualify for the retirement savings contributions credit when we should, it's NOT WORKING correctly, I called but can't get any support

We meet the 4 qualifications for the credit, our married filing jointly gross income is low 40's well below the 64K limit, it should be calculating the credit but the programming is NOT RIGHT so the online version is currently BROKEN and I can't figure out how to call and get PROGRAM SUPPORT for it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

2019 TT online is saying we don't qualify for the retirement savings contributions credit when we should, it's NOT WORKING correctly, I called but can't get any support

2019 TurboTax indeed prepares Form 8880 correctly.

Examine Form 8880 to see why you might not be seeing receiving any credit.  It could be because you have no tax liability against which to apply the credit; this credit is nonrefundable.  It could be because you or your spouse took a distribution from a retirement plan within the the past few years, reducing the amount of each one's new retirement contributions that are considered for the credit.  It could be because you have not entered your retirement contributions correctly.  It could be because you answered one of the related questions incorrectly.  Any of these possibilities will be apparent on the Form 8880 prepared by TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies