Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chewarn

1099R retirement income from employer NOT an IRA or 401K, etc. When I put the income in, the next question is what did you do with the money, e.g. cash it out.

The question about what we did with the money does not make sense to me. It seems like I'm reporting income from cashing out an investment and that is not the case. My husband receives a small disability retirement income as he went on disability before reaching retirement age. He is currently 62.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Fern

1099R retirement income from employer NOT an IRA or 401K, etc. When I put the income in, the next question is what did you do with the money, e.g. cash it out.

You are reporting income. Form 1099 R is used to report retirement income. The money your husband is receiving is considered retirement income.

If you did not take the money and roll it into another retirement account, the correct answer is you cashed it out.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Fern

You are reporting income. Form 1099 R is used to report retirement income. The money your husband is receiving is considered retirement income.

If you did not take the money and roll it into another retirement account, the correct answer is you cashed it out.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies