Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099R/Form 5498 Rollover Question

TT asks if the 1099R is reporting a rollover of funds from a 403(b) to a designated Roth 401(k) or Roth 403 (b) account. My wife was retired at the time of the rollover, so I do not believe she would have been able to roll it over to a Roth 401(k) or Roth 401(b) account. Am I correct?

Also, Form 5498, line 10 states "Roth IRA contributions   $0.00". Is this stating that no Roth IRA contributions were made, or that none of the rollover funds were contributed to a Roth IRA?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

She wouldn't be able to roll her 403(b) pension plan funds to a Roth 401(K) or Roth 403(b) account if she is retired, as those accounts are associated with an employer you work for.  Line 10 of Form 5498 refers to ROTH IRA contributions made during the tax year listed on the form. If it is $0 or blank then no contributions were made for the current year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

She wouldn't be able to roll her 403(b) pension plan funds to a Roth 401(K) or Roth 403(b) account if she is retired, as those accounts are associated with an employer you work for.  Line 10 of Form 5498 refers to ROTH IRA contributions made during the tax year listed on the form. If it is $0 or blank then no contributions were made for the current year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Thomas,

Your response answered both questions perfectly! I appreciate your time and effort!

Regards,

billcw

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies