Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099R CT State Deduction not showing in my 1040 CT

I received my 1099R from my brokerage due to a 2020 refund from an 2019 overpayment. the refund included gains made from the overpaid amount portion. So I had line 1 and 2a filled on the 1099R.

I also had line 14 State tax withheld of $14. There were no withheld Federal tax.

The 1099R form was downloaded from the brokerage in TurboTax. 

When I check my TT forms I see that the line 14 amount is missing from the tax TT figured out I have paid. Is there a bug here? How do I fix this to account for that Connecticut Tax withholding? Do I have to wait for an TT software update?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

1099R CT State Deduction not showing in my 1040 CT

No, you should enter the $14 state withholding for CT by using the steps that follows: 

1. Click on Federal >  Deductions & Credits. 
  2. In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, click on the Start/Update box next to Estimated Tax Payments.
  3. On the next screen, Income Taxes Paid, scroll to Other Income Taxes Paid in 2020, click on Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099, Start/Revisit 
  4. Next to the type of tax payment (FederalStateLocal). Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in federal, or state or local Select the locality from the drop-down list and enter the amount paid in the box.
  5. See image below.

This will flow to the CT return and you should be able to complete your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies