Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

1099-r forms

I rolled over my 401k to an IRA. I took a distribution from the total amount. I received a 1099-r for the $40,000 that I withdrew from my total distribution. they took taxes out of that money. then I received  another 1099-r for the total distribution of $304,874.48.  do I enter both of these 1099-r into my taxes? Its saying I owe federal $1383.00. once I add the second 1099-r it jumps to over $5000.00.

2 Replies
Expert Alumni

1099-r forms

Please advise if both 1099-Rs were from the same Payer.  Also was it a direct rollover?


Thank you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 15

1099-r forms

Yes, both Forms 1099-R must be reported.


To help with KarenJ2's questions:


What is the code in box 7 of each of these Forms 1099-R?


Does the Form 1099-R showing $304,874.48 in box 1 have a nonzero amount in box 2 or any amount in box 5?  Did you mistakenly mark the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box on TurboTax's form when you entered this Form 1099-R?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings