Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why wont your prepaid card pay me?

Over a year ago my turbo tax prepaid credit card was closed for no reason,  I called and inquired about the reason my card was closed and I received no definitive answer from customer service,  at the time my account was closed I had a remaining balance in my account of 1,023.00 dollars! I asked the customer service representatives of turbotax prepaid card how I was to receive my money from them and I was informed that I'd receive a check in 14 to 21 days and that I had no other options than this! I waited about 3 months, and never received my xhecj! So I called turbotax prepaid card customer service again, and after hours of fighting with customer service,  I was again informed that I'd have my remaining balance of $1023.00 mailed! It's been well over an entire year now, and no check from turbotax prepaid card! It literally let's me log into my account,  shows my money in the account but will not grant me any access to move,  use, or obtain my money from this card! I literally lost everything due to this! I lost my home last year, I was evicted! On top of that it was during the beginning of the coviid 19 epidemic in 2020! Ever since last year anytime, and I mean anytime I try to call the customer service line I'm hung up on! Every single time! If I'm lucky enough to be even placed on hold I sit on hold for literally hours and then when it gets to be my turn to be taken care of, I'm disconnected,  AGAIN! IVE CALLED GREENDOT AND I GET NOWHERE! HOW CAN THEY KEEP MY MONEY FROM ME LIKE THIS LEGALLY ? I've used turbo tax for a lot of years and I really liked your services,  however,  if your company stands beside this company,  and refuses to even acknowledge what is happening then I'm probably, never going to use turbotax again! I got proof of this money! I got proof it's mine! I got proof of how long it's been kept from me and I'm seeking legal counsel to file a lawsuit formally against turbotax prepaid card, aka, greendot bank corporation! I don't want to hear the Bologna about how I need to call greendot! I trusted that turbotax would stand by products they endorse and offer resolutions to issues such as this! I WANT MY 1023.00 AND I WANT MY MONEY NOW! I WANTED IT LAST YEAR WHEN I COULD NOT PAY MY RENT, OR UTILITIES AND I LOST EVERYTHING! I WANT SOMETHING DONE ABOUT THIS OR IM GOING UP THE CORPORATE LADDERS AS FAR AS IT GOES, IN REGARDS TO BOTH TURBO TAX AS WELL AS GREENDOT CORPORATION! WHEN YOU ALL WANT YOUR TAX PREPARATION FEES BY GOD YOU GET PAID DO YOU NOT? DOESN'T GREENDOT BANK GET PAID WHEN THEIR OWED? WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE? WHAT?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies