turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cameron990
Returning Member

Why have I not received stimulus, despite H&R having similar issues.

I was wondering if it is really the case that we will not be getting our stimulus until tax time simply because we used TurboTax. If this is the case I feel TurboTax should do something to help as it is not its patrons fault this mess up happened.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
RachelW33
Expert Alumni

Update from TurboTax 1/8/2021: We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax informing them of the deposit.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

For additional information, please check out these links: 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cameron990
Returning Member

Hello again, I would like a little clarification if possible. The SBTPG release says they will deposit the funds into bank accounts and GreenDot cards but what about other debit cards. I have a net-spend PayPal card will the funds go there like my taxes and first stimulus did. Am I to understand if I don't receive an email I am not getting a stimulus. I don't get emails from TurboTax anymore despite being a long time costumer of 7 years. This whole situation is very frustrating for me as even after many statements and releases from TurboTax I still am not sure whether or not to expect a stimulus or not.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

As long as the debit card in question is active, contains direct deposit information (most do), and was the same card used to receive the first stimulus payment, then you should also receive the second stimulus payment on that card.  We just can't confirm any specific information for any client in this forum, however.

We are striving to communicate directly with all of our customers, but it is possible that not all will receive an email for various reasons (such as if the customer's email on file is not current, for example).  The lack of an email does not mean that you will not receive a stimulus.  However, if in a worst-case scenario you do not receive the stimulus payment either direct deposited or sent on a check or debit card issued by the IRS, then it would be necessary to claim the stimulus as part of your 2020 tax return and have it added to your refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cameron990
Returning Member

Thank you for the reply I understand not being specific just was curious about other debit cards prospects. Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies