Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus eligibility question

If I filed taxes for 2019 but not 2018, will I be eligible for stimulus?

I am asking just based on that information alone. I know I am eligible in regard to income amount etc. 
Just wondering if the fact that I still need to file for 2018 , but HAVE filed for 2019. will that disqualify me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
INF
Level 2

Wondering the same thing because my sister who lives with me is in the same situation. Never can get anything on the portal 🤷‍♀️

Same, it just tells me they can't determine if I am eligible. But my 2019 tax return hasn't been accepted yet. Just wondering if I have to get the 2018 filed asap to be eligible. 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You can be eligible for the stimulus even if you didn't file a return for 2018 (but you did file a 2019 return). If your 2019 return has not been accepted yet, this is likely why the IRS cannot yet determine your eligibility for the stimulus. 

@sheenaford85

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you Giselle! That's what I thought but wanted to make sure. I filed for 2019 on 4/13/20 and I'm "still processing" TT 152. So I'm sure that's what the hold up is on stimulus. Just wondering what the hold up is on my refund now. Thanks again your answer was super helpful. 🙂

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

No problem! Regarding your refund, many people are experiencing delays. The IRS is extremely understaffed due to the pandemic, so that's likely what's causing the slowdown.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies