turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"Spouse Can Be Claimed As A Dependent" Stimulus

Thank you for responding. I tried completing the 1040X through TurboTax and identified yet another issue. Some values on the 1040X contradicted the original 1040. Not to mention that the 1040 that was to be attached to the 1040X still had the box checked. When I called them over the phone, they helped me clear it out.  The values were now matching and the check mark was gone.

The problem is that I dont trust the 1040X to be correct still. After it was said and done, it looks like I would owe the IRS the full amount that was supposed to be refunded to me. I am going to wait a couple more weeks before I go the 1040X route.

Instead, I will focus my energy in working with a Tax Advocate Service. I already have printouts of TurboTax admitting the error as well as print out of the news stories.

I really hope the Tax Advocate route works for you, I have been trying to get one but the line  hangs up every time saying they're too busy. I am going to keep trying. I will never ever use turbo tax again though.

I got a response from the tax advocate and it went exactly as I predicted. They never once called me but sent a letter telling me they could not reach me. They went on to state that the IRS should be able to help me with my issue and that a tax advocate is not needed. Totally worthless.

On the upside, I saw someone on Reddit provide an update that amending their return resulted in them finally getting their three stimulus checks.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies