Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Splitwise Integration

Is there anyway you can make Splitwise interface with mint.com? I understand this might be a weird idea because Splitwise is not a bank 🙂 But mint is a great app to keep track of monthly expenses. It tracks the expenses from the bank account. I keep thinking how great it would be if somehow my Splitwise account could be registered in mint.com. That would make the data in mint so much more usable for me. All the proper transactions from Splitwise can be available there.

I say this because mint fails now because of situations like when I pay for my friends eating out or when a friend of mine pays rent. He later collects the money from us. But only in splitwise it comes properly. In mint it shows up like I spent so much money eating out. When in reality I spent only a part of it. Rest of it was me paying for my friends.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Dward10

Splitwise Integration

I echo this 1000x over! Please consider a partnership or at least an option to import data from a CSV or something. My partner and I split a lot of bills that don't get adequately captured in Mint. If data isn't accurate, it's not helpful. I've spoken to a number of friend couples and folks with roommates. This is important to young people! 

emmett13

Splitwise Integration

I’m playing with using a category for partner groceries and labeling whatever amount her share is as such, so that her repayment through Venmo can also be labeled as the same category, but then if my partner pays for expenses for both of us, e.g. plane tickets, it throws things off because it will go against bat the balance and she won’t be repaying me the amount for groceries. Let me know if you come up with a better system!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Splitwise Integration

Totally agree this would make me want to use Mint more. Living with roommates right now and sharing expenses like utilities totally throws off my budget because it's not included in Mint. This integration would make Mint way more usable.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies