Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Aan-1
Returning Member

Rental Depriciation how to change

Hi,

We have rental property which divided into 4 owner. 

One of the owner sell out his share April 2019. Currently everything should be divider by 3

How do I need to input inside the Turbo Tax? I have turbo Tax Premier.

I did manual input, however I can not changed the depreciation price.

Best Regards 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@Aan-1 wrote:

One of the owner sell out his share April 2019. Currently everything should be divider by 3

You cannot input your entire one-third share into TurboTax so that the depreciation deduction is exactly your one-third share. You need to add the share you purchased from the owner who sold as a separate asset (which would presumably be residential rental real estate) since it will have a different purchase date (placed-in-service date for your share) and, most likely, a different acquisition price than the share you originally purchased.

The foregoing assumes you have been reporting correctly and consistently throughout the years and not as a partnership with the other three individual owners.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

@Aan-1 wrote:

You cannot input your entire one-third share into TurboTax so that the depreciation deduction is exactly your one-third share. You need to add the share you purchased from the owner who sold as a separate asset (which would presumably be residential rental real estate) since it will have a different purchase date (placed-in-service date for your share) and, most likely, a different acquisition price than the share you originally purchased.

The foregoing assumes you have been reporting correctly and consistently throughout the years and not as a partnership with the other three individual owners.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies