turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jmmbaz

Update Info for Stimulus Payment

I filed my taxes with TurboTax for 2019 and received a refund in January. The problem is that I received my refund in a prepaid debit card to get it faster and I also moved at the end February. So the IRS does not have my current banking and address information. Will the new TurboTax Stimulus registration page help me update that info or what should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please check the IRS Corona-virus website here for updates. This is where all updates will be updates as soon as information is available. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I no longer have the same bank account.  How do I give you the updated information?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

@shastagirl1 

You won't be able to change your account or routing information.  If your bank got your stimulus money but your account and routing number were incorrect, per IRS, your financial institution must, by law, return the payment to the IRS. For additional information, click here

The IRS advises people that if they don’t receive the full Economic Impact Payment they should file their 2020 tax return electronically and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on their tax return to get their payment and any refund as quickly as possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies