Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Turbo debit card

You enter your AGI found on line b2 of your 1040  it asks if you owed or get a refund then the total of your federal refund found on line 21a of your 1040. I wasn't successful yesterday because I put my total refund including state.. I redid it today and was successful i also changed my direct deposit to my chime card... Honestly anyone still waiting on TurboTax probably isn't gonna get it on that card! If you don't have an account set up a chime account it's super easy and it only took 4 days for my card to get here! Good luck to you all...

Adjusted gross income line 8b of. 1040 and only your total federal return amount found on line 21a of 1040.. I put total amount of return which included state so I waited my 24hrs and tried again with only federal return amount and it worked

@feefeemason thanks so much. When the irs website lets me back in ill try that. I was locked out for 24 hours. And to the person who ask about back child support lol no. I dont owe anything. My child lives with me 100% im a pretty smart and responsible person haha. Just figured TURBO would have reached out to us by now. 

How did you find out the stimulus check went on your card if you can’t pull up the site?

@Cody19 Haha, maybe before you go calling others stupid make sure to look into the current status of the info you so arrogantly supply,  (imagine feeling superior  over knowing how to navigate a website as simple as TurboTax lol, creepy) right now live chat in the help section is down and only a message is displayed basically saying “nothing can be done for you currently because of covid-19 sorry bye”

there is currently no option to speak to a human in the automated system and just sends you in circles of options , making it sound like there is a way to get to a person .. but theres not currently . It sucks. I’m quite sure it is not usually this way in a normal situation but maybe make sure you know what you’re talking  about and your info is up to date before you start calling people stupid

If I entered my dd on the website today how long does it take to get deposited?

This is so frustrating, especially when receiving emails to “activate your Turbo card” when one was never sent. You call customer support at Turbo Tax and they say “the debit cards aren’t our problem”. They give you a customer support number that’s out of service. I think, how could Turbo Tax be a scam? This is worse than a repo company. I trusted Turbo Tax. I am pregnant, out of work and have been duped by this prepaid card nonsense. Shame on you, turbo tax! You’d better watch out for a class action. You aren’t off the hook here, no matter what the fine print says. Stop messing with my money and my family’s money in this time of need! Shameful!

At least you got it instead of a fake customer service number and emails promising it was on its way, never to arrive.

This is no doubt some sort of consumer fraud on a large scale. They’d better fix it or this pregnant, mad lawyer will find a way to file a class action against TurboTax and Netspend(who is really the shady company with the contract to issue the cards). If not a class action, any run of the mill federal consumer trade action should do. I’m serious and I’m pissed. 

Sure. Call the support button. See where it gets you. Ha! A fake number and a “we don’t deal with the debit cards”. Seriously. Im going to do it again and record this time.

I updated my original post on the solution to rhe stimulus situation. Not sure about your debit card issue but at least you can get your stimulus if you go to the IRS website and ented your info

I was able to update my banking information yesterday after being locked out for 24hours. I check it twice a day to ensure I don't get locked out again. Now just waiting for a release date to my new account. Just update your information and just forget about turbo tax. Don't anybody has the answers! You' will get your money, when you get your money. Stop complaining and find something to do! 

@tford0219 How do you update your information ?? i thought you couldn't if it is already showing they sent it to your bank account , please let me know !!!

No, you can't believe everything you read on here, not everyone knows what they're talking about. If the get my payment portal lets you in, it will say, "you're eligible for this refund or summn like that and then you enter in your information. After that, it will let you know its been submitted successfully and it will be deposited into your bank account once a date is released.   @kanisha0418 

@tford0219 Once I click get my payment, it ask for my personal info , then is just tells me my money was deposited April 15th and that I will get a letter with specific details .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies