turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

Thank you

Didnt i read somewhere You are allowed up to 3 direct deposits upon turbo prepaid card within 12 months with tax rerurns

I spoke with several representatives and they’ve all told me that if you received your refund on the turbo card, that’s how you’ll receive your stimulus payments. I’m totally confused now because others are saying it’s not true. But I would like to believe that the representatives that work for TurboTax would know what they’re talking about.

According to the newest update on the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website (www.sbtpg.com) (the bank that turbo tax routes your money threw to collect their portion of your refund if u choose to have your fees deducted from your refund instead of paying at the time you file), they posted this morning an update saying the following

...An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG....

Which leads me to believe that unfortunately those of us who got turbo cards and had our fees taken out of our refund will have to wait for a check in the mail or possibly update our DD info once the portal is finally made available? But i truly hope not, nor does it make any sense because when I download a copy of my return the routing and account info listed on my 1040 is indeed correct and the same as the direct deposit info on my actual green dot banking account. I really hope that this will truly be the info they use to send our direct deposit? If anybody has any more definitive info I'd greatly appreciate it. Also hope this helps anybody thats feeling half as lost as I am right about now?

Yea that sucks of that's how the IRS is gonna go about it, considering I just got my dam federal taxes back a month ago on that card and is still active just makes no sense to mail this check for those who got it on the debit card smh so they rather make us struggle to get by waiting for months for that check instead of just deposit the stimulus on our tax prep cards smh thats so effed up I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't open an account at a bank due to debts just crazy well I don't know what other card I can use other than a pre paid loadable card to get it faster even if they do that's still the same card any tax prep place will issue 😒 ughh this is such a headache I would much rather just go back to work then depending on this check to get me by with bills cause it's surly not enough as it is.

Am in the same boat. I had been assured by Turbotax reps that the money will be in my card. I guess we will have suffer. My question is what's the problem loading it there? We chose our money to go through that card. What's the big deal?

i file with H&R Block with direct deposit to my bank is H&R Block bank going to get my stimulus check first and take they fee because they shouldn’t get any fee taking out of my stimulus money,are it’s going straight to my bank

The IRS will not take what you get from the stimulus from your 2020 refund. If you don't recieve the stimulus money and you are eligible you will get the money added onto your 2020 refund. Learned all this info today Tuesday April 7,2020

Dannyboyrod47
Returning Member

Do I put my account number I want my stimulus payment on

Yeah because I owed taxes and I ended up giving them my account number to have the money taken directly out of my checking account, so one would hope they can put it back in if they have the numbers to take it out!!

I have used TT for ten years, never with a refund, so I was never asked for a DD bank number.  How do I get TT to file a form 8888 with my return?

Good question.  We can get form 8888 from IRS site and mail it in.  Why the hell can't Turbotax  file a 8888 as an option with or without a full return?

You are wrong. If you didn't file taxes, or have no income, you can use Turbo Tax Coronavirus tax center to register for the stimulus check. Valid social security number, 18 years or older and not claimed as anyone's dependent. 

Why are you giving out incorrect info. You can have $0 income and get the stimulus check.😑

Claybornefaye
Returning Member

Does the stimulus check go on your last income tax intuit card?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies