Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

So what if I have not filed my 2019 taxes yet, but I did file my 2018 taxes but my bank information is different and is updated this year would that information be in the system for direct deposit?

Natecedes

How can i get a replacement card i lost mine?

I need to update my card information 

How do we update bank info for direct deposit?

When your return has been accepted, you cannot change or correct banking information in TurboTax.  The IRS is trying to set up a web based portal for tax payers to enter their banking information.

Also, see the following from the IRS:

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

If you have a bank account direct deposit, most likely you'll get it sooner. https://www.wfmynews2.com/mobile/article/news/local/2-wants-to-know/stimulus-checks-owe-taxes-colleg...

Wao that's how selfish you are? It doesn't matter if the person didn't work, some people are disabled and can't work. Some don't have job for many reasons. And don't have a dollar to even buy a bottle of water. Why you even care? You still not work for the stimulus check either. 

KMoheit66

My savings account has been closed    I still have the same routing can I submit my new account number threw this to be safe

If I was you I'll call your bank right now and ask them if you cant still use the same account. But if not try to open one right when you on the phone with them..

Or go to IRS.COM/GOV and update your information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies