Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

I've got you covered . 

Emberlins

@links to members, content

Tell ask me to verify my identity but the info doesn't match  my student loan NUMBER 

What form are you talking about

sandrafraz314
Returning Member

Can I put the right bank account for my stimulus check since I put the wrong for my federal taxes

Lucila
Returning Member

I change my account to another account where Will they send y stulums check package that account is close 

Will they put my stimulus check on my SSI direct Express card

I have a different bank account number then I did when I filed my 2018 taxes. I haven't filed yet. How will I get my stimulus check do you know?

That's me , too!! Im just going to have to wait on it to get rejected/returned, so they can send me a paper check asap!

Good luck!

KMoheit66

I need to change my bank account # to have the direct deposit for my stimulus package.  It will be the same routing number.  How can I do the stimulus package is deposited?

@KMoheit66  If your return has been accepted, you cannot change your bank information in TurboTax.   When your bank information is incorrect, the IRS will send you a check in the mail for your stimulus money.

Also, see the following from the IRS:

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

jli1233

.y account number on my 2019 .  A number was left out can I correct it.

@jli1233  When your return has been accepted, you cannot change or correct banking information in TurboTax.  The IRS is trying to set up a web based portal for tax payers to enter their banking information.

Also, see the following from the IRS:

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

All people have to do is download a change of address form and they will receive the check just like everyone else, be positive and help them research the information, don't bring them down

LS13
Level 3

From what I have been reading, those whom have not filed either tax return will be able to get a check as long as a simple tax return is filed for tax year 2019. The IRS website is to obtain more information on that in the near days to come. Hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies