turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amanda-johnson13
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

Ok so I'm an almost 10 year customer. I would like to know if All customers received the email sent yesterday, or if only customers affected by the IRS mess up? My GMP status is still "not available " as per the statement provided by the IRS we will not get it and have to claim it. I also pulled my transcript and it shows issued on the 4th. I really need a direct answer please no copy and paste response.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

90 Replies

Stimulus Answers please!

I didn't get the email, but I did pay for my fees with my refund so I should have.

Stimulus Answers please!

i got the same email, and im just like all of other turbotax users, me and my fiance was furious. I had no problem getting 1st check just fine, ive been with turbotax for several years now, bank still the same bank for year, so i just knew id be one of the first few to get stimilus check, but after my hubby got his and hes on ssi, and i didnt get mine, i was like wtf?? then i started calling IRS, and turbotax with getting no where, and i guess turbotax was getting alot of calls, so maybe just maybe there actually really fixing this problem, i was really happy to get the email saying to be deposited on or around Jan 8th. so now maybe just maybe well actually get it like they told us. If they lie to me and i have to wait until tax time, ill be taking my business else where. I rather hear the truth that the IRS messed up and we have to wait until tax time, instead of lying to keep me happy, but i really do believe there working to fix it, and its on the way. Ill say a prayer for all of us. God Bless Everyone whos been stressed by this waiting and not knowing game. and i did pay there fee, it came out of my taxes.. 

Stimulus Answers please!

I received the first payment easy but haven’t this one. I’m still getting the payment not available message and nothing is deposited into my account. I’ve had the same bank account for 16 years. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

We have been working with the IRS as they attempt to resolve this processing error that has affected a number of taxpayers, including some TurboTax customers. Information is changing rapidly and therefore we suggest keeping an eye on the following for the most up-to-date information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus Answers please!

Should I be concerned that I have gotten no emails from Turbo tax even though I know I qualify for the stimulus check and am part of the group that used my tax refund to pay for filing fees?

SWaldron
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

I haven't gotten any emails either. I have used Turbo Tax for 8 years and have always paid my fees using my refund. I am not sure why I wouldn't get an email. I got the first stimulus with no issues at all. GMP still says statusTurbo Tax.jpg unavailable. One of my FB friends posted this email the got last night.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Stimulus Answers please!

Why didn’t I receive the first email when I know I should have? I checked every folder 

Stimulus Answers please!

Does this apply to people that have a status that says payment not available because according to irs we will not receive payments if that happen. but I did get a email from Turbotax 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

While an email announcement was made, it is entirely possible that not all clients were able to receive the email for various reasons.  But we are trying to make everyone aware either by direct email, social media, this platform, our blog posts, or any other means possible.  We do feel it important to communicate.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

SarahJ315

Stimulus Answers please!

So, if we didn’t get an email then we aren’t getting the stimulus through you?

Stimulus Answers please!

i got my email,,still waiting

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

@SarahJ315  While an email announcement was made, it is entirely possible that not all clients were able to receive the email for various reasons.  But we are trying to make everyone aware either by direct email, social media, this platform, our blog posts, or any other means possible.  We do feel it important to communicate.

However, Please note the following update: 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies