Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Intuit Turbo Income breakdown “Other”

I have 2 jobs but on the intuit turbo income breakdown it shows the 2 with the earnings but also shows an “Other” category with $16k. Where does that income come from? Is this showing contributions to my 401k?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

"Other Income" could be almost anything, but it's not the contributions to your 401K. Possibilities are  State tax refunds, Alimony, Business Income, Rental Income, Capital Gains and Unemployment Compensation. Review your entries in the Income section in Turbotax. The $16,000  should show up in the list  Your income and expenses and you should be able to review where the amount came from.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the reply! I checked my 2018 returns and I do not see the additional $16k I only see the income from my 2 jobs which makes sense to me.  I did not receive any alimony or capital gains etc my only income is from my 2 jobs which I have W2's for.  The only time I saw this $16k is when I received an email from Turbo saying "my numbers were ready" so I clicked it and it calculated my credit score, income, debt, debt to income ratio etc.  I noticed the income for 2018 was higher than what I took home so I clicked it and then saw this "other" category for $16k along with my 2 jobs listed.  I assumed it was my retirement contribution since the amount is very close to what I put in only off by $120.  So I am still confused as to where it came from because my 2018 taxable total wages do not include this amount but thanks for your help!

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I am not sure what you are looking at, but you can preview your tax return to assure yourself that you are not being taxed for $16,000 of income that you never received.

To preview your 1040:

1. Choose Tax Tools, then Tools from the menu on the left side of your screen.
  2. In the Tools Center, select View Tax Summary under Other Helpful Links.
  3. Choose Preview My 1040  from the menu on the left side of your screen.

Then review your income to make sure that this isn't being added to your income. If it is, and you can't figure out what it is, you should clear your return and start over to start from scratch without the incorrect entry.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies