Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread

@mikalmos369 I have the same question. My guess is it would not work to use the non-filers tool the IRS links to because it does the same thing as the TurboTax one did, file a 2019 1040 form for you. If TurboTax send you an email saying the IRS already accepted yours it is too late.

We file evey year with turbo all information they have we didnt get our money on our card so i went to irs website it had to to put the info on it then put in our bank account and then the next screen said we were eligible for the money and it would go into our account so the next day i check and nothing so i go back to irs and it says they cant help me to try again cause i had logged in too many times which was only once and that my info i put in didn't match theres, this is crazy its still saying that and no money still, i have used turbo for 20 years so everything should of been on there already and i use the turbo card anyone else having this problem please let me know 

Hello i have a question 

I've submitted my taxes through Turbo Tax for the last few years. For the 2018 federal taxes, I received a refund. I entered my account and routing information and received the refund as expected. 

When I check the IRS "Get My Payment" site, I keep receiving the message "Payment Status Not Available".  Does anyone have a way to transmit routing and account information to IRS so that the stimulus payment status shows up.

My husband and I have filed with TurboTax for years. We use the same direct deposit we've always used. I checked on the IRS site and it said on April 15th our stimulus check had been deposited. Nothing has come through on our end everything says it's through you guys where is our stimulus check? I shouldn't have to pay  $30 to get an answer from a human about my own money being held by them.

Good question. I just got an email stating my stimulus is going on a turbo visa card i never authorized or have. And cant seem to get anyone from this company to answer anything. I have a feeling they will be losing a lot of customers over this. In the same boat of frustration.

Is it true that if you paid your 2018 income taxes due through the direct debit function of TurboTax, the IRS cannot use that bank account information to send the stimulus check electroically?  If it is true, what do I need to do?

Does anyone know how long after you enter your direct deposit info on the irs website does the stimulus package get sent to it??

Did you happen to go to the FAQs page and scroll all the way down to the Payment Status section? 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment 

[Scroll down to "Questions about Get My Payment" and then click on the Get My Payment FAQs link]

I got the same message you did and went to the FAQs page. When I scrolled down to the Payment Status section and clicked on the "Different Stages of Payment" subsection, for the "Payment Status Not Available" message, it says it means: "You didn’t file either a 2018 or 2019 tax return, or you recently filed and the return has not been fully processed." In my case, it sounds like my return hasn't been processed by the IRS yet.

There's also an FAQ "Why Am I Getting Payment Status Not Available" & Answer: "If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed."

However, there seems to be another workaround. I was also able to verify [which you should probably also try] the current status of my return for the stimulus check on the IRS "Check My Refund Status" web page which shows that the IRS received my simplified 2019 return and that it is still being processed, but hasn't been approved yet. It specifically says "We have received your tax return and it is being processed."

Go to: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

This might be an alternate work-around until the "Get My Payment" page shows updated status info. Although technically I am not getting a "refund" due to 0 income in 2019, the "Check My Refund Status" was still able to verify that it had received my return, so at least the status of the return approval can be tracked here.

NOTE: When you click on the "Check My Refund Status" link, it will take you to a page where you can enter your SS#, filing status and refund amount. If you aren't getting a refund and only filing to get the stimulus check, then you can enter $1 for the refund amount. I found that 0 does not work, however when I entered 1 (according to a message in the system which said to do this if the refund amount is $1 or less), it then allowed me to see the current status of my "refund" as "return received". There are 3 status stages: "Return Received", "Refund Approved" "Refund Sent".  

There was also another message under the "Return Received" area: "If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances."

This IRS message doesn't specify anything about TurboTax in particular, so we can't tell whether there has been a delay for non-filers in processing the stimulus checks or not due to TurboTax or due to the IRS. If you are able to verify that your return has been received via the "Check My Refund Status" page, then I would consider that to be the correct official IRS status, and just keep checking that in addition to the "Get My Payment" page until you get more updated info confirming when a stimulus check will be sent.

I have filed with TurboTax every year for over a decade and usually always received my direct deposit refund in under 2 weeks. So hopefully nonfilers who used the nonfiler TurboTax electronic form will be able to get their stimulus checks starting next week (or at least a status of it having been approved and a date for when it will be sent).

So it looks to me that it is best to check both the "Get My Payment" web page and the "Check My Refund Status" web page to verify the status.

That's bs cause I havnt got **bleep** and can't even check it thru the irs.never again will I use turbo tax!!!

thank you so much ErricaLu for your diligence.  this is the only valuable info i have seen or given on a work around the get my payment portal for nonfilers or turbotax nonfilers issues. knowing to enter a $1 finally made it work for me...I missed that info on the irs site thank you so much!!! going to share this everywhere.  they have me and still processing

this is posted else where in this thread and you might find it helpful as I did.

Hi mikalmos369,
ErricaLu (New Member) posted a new reply in Other financial discussions on April 17, 2020 5:21 PM :
Re: Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread
Did you happen to go to the FAQs page and scroll all the way down to the Payment Status section? [https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-freque[product key removed]ions]
I got the same message you did and went to the FAQs page. When I scrolled down to the Payment Status section and clicked on the "Different Stages of Payment" subsection, for the "Payment Status Not Available" message, it says it means: "You didn’t file either a 2018 or 2019 tax return, or you recently filed and the return has not been fully processed." In my case, it sounds like my return hasn't been processed by the IRS yet.
There's also an FAQ "Why Am I Getting Payment Status Not Available" & Answer: "If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed."
However, there seems to be another workaround. I was also able to verify [which you should probably also try] the current status of my return for the stimulus check on the IRS "Check My Refund Status" web page which shows that the IRS received my simplified 2019 return and that it is still being processed, but hasn't been approved yet. It specifically says "We have received your tax return and it is being processed."
This might be an alternate work-around until the "Get My Payment" page shows updated status info. Although technically I am not getting a "refund" due to 0 income in 2019, the "Check My Refund Status" was still able to verify that it had received my return, so at least the status of the return approval can be tracked here.
NOTE: When you click on the "Check My Refund Status" link, it will take you to a page where you can enter your SS#, filing status and refund amount. If you aren't getting a refund and only filing to get the stimulus check, then you can enter $1 for the refund amount. I found that 0 does not work, however when I entered 1 (according to a message in the system which said to do this if the refund amount is $1 or less), it then allowed me to see the current status of my "refund" as "return received". There are 3 status stages: "Return Received", "Refund Approved" "Refund Sent".
There was also another message under the "Return Received" area: "If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances."
This IRS message doesn't specify anything about TurboTax in particular, so we can't tell whether there has been a delay for non-filers in processing the stimulus checks or not due to TurboTax or due to the IRS. If you are able to verify that your return has been received via the "Check My Refund Status" page, then I would consider that to be the correct official IRS status, and just keep checking that in addition to the "Get My Payment" page until you get more updated info confirming when a stimulus check will be sent.
I have filed with TurboTax every year for over a decade and usually always received my direct deposit refund in under 2 weeks. So hopefully nonfilers who used the nonfiler TurboTax electronic form will be able to get their stimulus checks starting next week (or at least a status of it having been approved and a date for when it will be sent).
So it looks to me that it is best to check both the "Get My Payment" web page and the "Check My Refund Status" web page to verify the status.

@irsguy 

read @ErricaLu

long post earlier in this thread...helped me...at least I know for sure I'm in their pile at the IRS not in limbo somewhere

@mikalmos369 Good to know, thanks! I have heard from other sources that some people who used the non-filers form now available at the IRS site have received their stimulus money already. I hope we didn't make a mistake by using TurboTax.

This was actually helpful information! Thank you. 

I am in the "filed using TurboTax, not getting a refund, get Social Security" category.

When I went to irs.gov and used the "where is my refund" tool and entered $1 in the refund amount (actually $0), it first told me my return is being processed (filed in February so that really doesn't make sense but I know I am in their system at least) and then I checked the "where's my stimulus payment" tool and got this message:

Payment Status

We scheduled your check to be mailed on April 24, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your 

I would have preferred direct deposit but, at this point, I'm just happy to get some kind of answer. 

So THANK YOU to ErricaLu for being so helpful! 🙂 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies