Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Banking information after filing returns

I have already filed my Mother's tax returns for 2019 through the free Turbo Tax filing.  Thank you Turbo Tax.  She owed no tax as she had minimal income, filed as Head of Household (my sister lives with her and is permanently disabled).  I input her banking information, but her return does not show the information.

Will she receive her stimulus check via direct deposit even though the bank info does not appear on the return.  Thought perhaps the information was transmitted, as I have input the information, even though it does not appear?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

According to this IRS article Economic impact payments: What you need to know
"In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail."

TurboTax has also created a way to register your information with the IRS. Check out this link: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I checked that link, but it doesn't have an option for having already filed a return for 2019 and I can't really use the "I don't need to file" option.  I can see the banking information in Turbo Tax, so I know it is there.  It just is not showing on the return.  

Does Turbo Tax transmit the banking information even if no refund is forthcoming, no tax is due, and no banking information appears on the return?

Thank you for the help.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry, but you will have to wait to update your mom's bank account information once the IRS portal has been established.    Please follow this link for the latest information on the link:  Corona Virus Relief

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies