turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3rd Stimulus

To get a hold of an actual IRS person is hard but there are steps to get there. I forgot but someone should be able to tell you the numbers to press from Turbo Tax or you can Google how to reach a live person at the IRS and they give you step by step instructions but..... I live in Texas and I would set my alarm for 5 am which is 7 on the east coast because if you wait too long they will say they can’t take your call because of the amount of calls. Also don’t let them tell you they can’t look into your tax return after 21 days. I had to push this lady so far before she would look amd finally she did and she saw my return was to be deposited today. I filed on Jan 27 and just got it today. 

1A8AF9D6-01A9-433E-A1BD-FA6B6E0AC25B.png

3rd Stimulus

Yes, there should be another deposit on the way.  Here is a TurboTax article about the American Rescue Plan, which has more information about it.  Also lease see the following link:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

@dantevillarreal65

3rd Stimulus

So your saying if we only received half of our stimulus, we will get another check in our acct? The rest of our stimulus that we deserved?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

@Vicchris

The IRS issues the stimulus payments, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your full stimulus payment or if and when you'll receive it.

•  We are waiting for the IRS to provide us additional guidance on how people can  apply for missing or wrong amount third stimulus checks.

To be eligible for the third stimulus, you need to meet the following requirements: 

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3rd Stimulus

Thank you, good to know

3rd Stimulus

Yes, I know . I was just replying to the one that you said about we will get another check in our acct. thank you for your reply .

thAnk you

3rd Stimulus

Here is the most updated information about the third stimulus payment:

The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks, unemployment benefit extensions, and expansions of the Child Tax Credit and the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.

Do I need to apply to get a stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited. If you haven’t filed your 2020 return yet, you can do that now to give your most recent information to the IRS, including bank account or address information to help ensure your stimulus check goes to the right place.

When will I get my stimulus check?

The IRS has not announced a date yet, but we will provide an update here as soon as it becomes available.

Stimulus payment FAQs

Will the stimulus affect my taxes for this year? Or next year?

Do I need to file a 2020 tax return to get a stimulus check if I don’t normally file taxes?

How will I know if I was issued a stimulus check?

What if I already filed my 2020 taxes?

Can I change my information?

Where will my stimulus payment go if I used a Turbo Card to receive my refund?

What is TurboTax doing to ensure that payments go to the right accounts?

Will I get a stimulus check if someone claimed me as a dependent?

@Vicchris

3rd Stimulus

They send me half amount, I don’t make more than 60k per year.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

My first thought is that the IRS used 2019 tax information in computing your third stimulus payment.  Would that explain the difference?  Has your 2020 Federal 1040 tax return been filed and accepted?

This TurboTax Help states:

Do I need to do anything to get my stimulus check?

You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.

We do not know when or how the additional third stimulus amounts will be processed. 

Perhaps, at some point soon, the 2020 Federal 1040 tax return information will be updated and the full payment issued but we do not know what the IRS plans to do.  The IRS could, again, use the 2021 Federal 1040 tax return to reconcile the third stimulus payments.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center as further updates are issued by the IRS.

3rd Stimulus

I guess it explains the difference, but i dont understand how the scaling down from 75k to 80k works. Only got $200 something dollars for my portion.

I filed my taxes on Feb 16....the IRS website says it is still processing...but it has said that for almost 2 weeks now.

So much for filing early and getting it approved in 21 days.

this is the note i get...which doesnt help any. lol

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
  • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information
Please Note:

For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

@mrduggan05

I agree, this probably is not a satisfying response from Get My Payment.  But it is better than you're not eligible for a payment.

IRS FAQ states:

Status Messages

You'll see one of these messages when you use Get My Payment:

Payment Status

• A payment has been processed, a payment date is available and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail. Note: mail means you may be issued an EIP Card or a check.

or

• You’re eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not yet available.

It will not show the amount of your 2021 Economic Impact Payment.

In the computation, $77,500 is half-way between $75,000 and $80,000, and the payment is cut in half.  Note that the total payment is cut in half, even if one or more dependents are reported.

IRS FAQ Who is eligible for the third Economic Impact Payment and what incomes qualify? states:

Generally, if you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, you are eligible for the full amount of the third Economic Impact Payment if you (and your spouse if filing a joint return) are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a valid Social Security number (see exception when married filing jointly) and your adjusted gross income (AGI) on their tax return does not exceed:

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals using any other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

Payments will be phased out – or reduced -- above those AGI amounts. This means taxpayers will not receive a third payment if their AGI exceeds:

• $160,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower
  • $120,000 if filing as head of household or
  • $80,000 for eligible individuals using other filing statuses, such as single filers and married people filing separate returns.

For example, a single person with no dependents and an AGI of $77,500 will normally get a $700 payment (half the full amount). A married couple with two dependents and an AGI of $155,000 will generally get a payment of $2,800 (again, half the full amount). Filers with incomes of at least $80,000 (single and married filing separately), $120,000 (head of household) and $160,000 (married filing joint and surviving spouse) will get no payment based on the law.

Kenny12

3rd Stimulus

Same here.

Kenny12

3rd Stimulus

I suspect there is no remedy, but to deal with it a year from now on my 2021 taxes. A stimulus a year from now is not a stimulus.

3rd Stimulus

@JamesG1 Yes my 2020 Federal 1040 tax return has been filed and accepted. I make the same as the last year. I guess I should wait until next year and claim a credit.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

@Luispi316

I suspected that it had been.

We have seen reports of this happening.

I suspect that the IRS will process the additional third stimulus amounts at a later time but we just do not know how, when or why.

We certainly hope that this does not drag out to a reconciliation on the 2021 Federal 1040 tax return.

The best that I can offer is look at these websites for further updates.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center as further updates are issued by the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies