turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dannkoller
Returning Member

1099-MISC

What do you do if you received book royalties paid by a foreign company in a foreign country, and there is no "payer's federal EIN?" The 1099-MISC says one must be entered.  Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

1099-MISC

Instead of entering the information thru the Form 1099-misc path,  you may treat them as self-employed and report on a Schedule C.  In TurboTax online, here are the steps:

• Sign in to your TurboTax account and select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "schedule c" and Enter
  • Select Jump to schedule c
  • Follow prompts

You can also report related expenses to reduce your income.   

Thru this way, you do not need the payer's federal EIN.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rkfarrell
Returning Member

1099-MISC

TurboTax told me I needed Schedule C and another form for state for the 1099 miscellaneous and then it said my forms already filed before anything changed now I'm getting to email saying my forms are ready however I've been told that my tax returns have already been submitted to the IRS

rkfarrell
Returning Member

1099-MISC

Regarding my 1099 miscellaneous income also I had charitable contributions and I don't see anywhere where I was asked if I needed to have any deductions noted however it said that I had 1300 and charitable donation deductions I also wasn't given the opportunity to claim deductions for my self-employment although I don't have any

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

1099-MISC

Since you have submitted your tax return, if you need to make any changes you will need to file an amended return. Your original return needs to be accepted by the IRS before you amend it. 

Once you have made all of the changes to your return you will need to print off the return, sign, date and mail the return to the IRS according to the instructions that print out with the return.

Link to How to Amend your Tax Return

To include charitable contributions you go to Federal, Deductions and Credits, Charitable Donations.

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the search box, search for donations and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Do you want to enter your donations for 2019?
  4. Follow the instructions to enter your donations.

To add any expenses for the 1099-Misc Income go toe Federal, Income & Expenses, Self-Employment.

Link to Top Tax Write-Offs for the Self-Employed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1099-MISC

Looking at the summery for income, I see 2018 total listed and 2019 shows zero. Yes my income may show up in schedule C, however I am confused why is not showing up on the income summary line.

I would really prefer a call back from a live CPA consultant so I may be confident before my submission of my taxes this year. My cell number is [phone number removed] and with a text sent prior to the call I can be ready to receive your call and have my taxes up on my computer to follow your direction.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies