New Rental Property

New Rental Property

I moved out of my condo and into a home on May 1st, but thanks to travel and renovations, I did not start renting out my condo until December 21st when my new renters moved in early on a year-long lease (starting Jan.1st.)  So my condo was my primary residence from Jan. 1st to May 1st and then it was empty while I did renovations/traveled until December 21st when my renters moved in. Does this mean I cannot deduct anything this year from this property as a rental since it's under the 14-day threshold?  I spent about $4000 on construction which I believe would be depreciable and another $1000 on painting, cosmetic upgrades, etc.  I also paid for insurance, condo fees, and electricity on the condo from May to Dec. 21st.  Thanks for your answers!

New Rental Property

that's what section 280A says....used by the taxpayer as a residence but rented less than 15 days means no income included and no deductions allowed.