Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mint shutting down in less than two months

I am utterly astounded by the lack of discussion surrounding the recent announcement of Mint shutting down. It is truly unbelievable and quite frankly, ridiculous. Intuit, a company of such stature, is shutting down a flagship product like Mint in just two months, without even bothering to inform its users. As someone who has accumulated five years worth of data across multiple accounts on Mint, including checking, investing, and credit cards, I am left feeling abandoned and disregarded. It is truly a shame that Intuit has chosen to handle the situation in this manner.

So, what are the alternatives for us Mint users? Unfortunately, the only way Mint allows us to export our data is in a CSV file, and to make matters worse, only the last three years of data are available for export. This means that we are at risk of losing all the historical data that we have diligently accumulated over the years. The most viable alternative I am considering is another Intuit program, Quicken, which comes with an annual fee of CAD $50/year. However, the irony is that Quicken does not support importing data in CSV format, which is just incredulous.

It is disappointing to see a lack of empathy and consideration from Intuit towards its loyal users. It is essential for companies to communicate effectively with their customers and to provide suitable alternatives when discontinuing a service. The abrupt and dismissive manner in which this situation has been handled is simply unacceptable.

As a community, it is important for us to voice our concerns and hold companies accountable for their actions. We deserve to be treated with respect and consideration, especially when it comes to something as important as our financial data. I urge others to join me in expressing our disappointment and seeking better solutions for the future. Let's ensure that our voices are heard and that companies are held to a higher standard when it comes to serving their customers.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Mint shutting down in less than two months

Hopefully, they're making the decision based upon what is best for the corporation.

After all, and I fully realize this is not what you want to hear, the corporate officers are held responsible by the board of directors while the latter have a fiduciary duty to the shareholders.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies