turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

djmthr33

I made less in 2020 than 2019. I qualify for 3rd stimulus check.

So in 2019, my AGI was $172k, but my AGI in 2020 dropped to $124k. I filed my taxes on 2/12/21 and was accepted on 2/13. Finally got a notice that my tax refund will be direct deposited on 4/7. YAY! BUT, I haven't seen anything on Get My Payment about my 3rd stimulus check. Anyone else in the same boat? I was wondering if we will still get the 3rd stimulus soon or will we have to claim it on our 2022 taxes. There's no clear explanation of this situation. HALP!! Sank You!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I made less in 2020 than 2019. I qualify for 3rd stimulus check.

If you qualify for the third stimulus based on your 2020 tax return, you will get it.

The IRS says in this document:

If a taxpayer's payment is less than the full amount and is based on their 2019 return, they may qualify for a supplemental payment after they file their 2020 return. The IRS will automatically reevaluate their eligibility. If the agency determines that they are entitled to a larger payment or the full payment, it will send them a supplemental payment covering the difference between what they originally received and the larger amount. If the re-evaluated amount is smaller, they won't need to pay back the difference. Aside from filing a 2020 tax return, no action is needed on their part.

If you do not receive it 2021, you may be able to claim it as the Recovery Rebate credit on your 2021 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies