Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Here's what to do if your stimulus check was put on a TurboCard that you no longer have

Both these people and Green Dot Bank will not help you in this situation. 

Contact the IRS appointment center hotline and tell them that your stimulus check was sent to the wrong bank account. The best way to do this is to call irsphonenumber844 irsphonenumber545 irsphonenumber5640 (ignore the text in the phone number. do not try and dial text. i just did that so that the website didn't block out the number). Say you would like to make an appointment with them by pressing 1. This WILL connect you to a real person. If you are in a state where IRS offices are NOT closed due to the COVID 19 pandemic, then you can set up an in-person appointment. Otherwise, they will connect you to another REAL PERSON who can help with the issue, however, you will to to wait on hold again.

I know this situation is heartbreaking and complicated for many people, and it can seem like you have no allies, but I went through this as well, and while the solutions provided were often not thorough enough, this is hopefully a good enough manual to get you through this particular situation. Stay strong.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Here's what to do if your stimulus check was put on a TurboCard that you no longer have

The IRS has established a hotline specifically for stimulus payments.

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies