Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

UserFiling123
Returning Member

GUI Bug: On dual screens with different resolution CANNOT see any modal pop-up window

Since Intuit offers no IT support for their product that we're supposed to rely on to pay our US taxes, I guess I'll just ask this question here.  I am running Windows 10 Professional Edition.

Anybody else with dual screens of different resolutions have problems with any 2nd modal pop-up screen that the TurboTax GUI produces?

Here is a screen capture of what happens when I try to access to the Search window.  The small blank screen on the right monitor is the Search window.  It shows up blank -- nothing in it.

2021-03-29_Screenshot_Intuits-POS-2nd-screen-blank.jpg

You can grab the Search window and drag it back onto the screen displaying TurboTax main window, but at no point will this 2nd modal pop-up screen accept mouse focus.  So you cannot type text into the search bar, or press the Contact Us button, or do anything with this window, other than grab its title bar and drag it around the screen real estate.   The 2nd window is functionally USELESS.

Which brings me to why this even matters. Because somehow I missed the checkbox to print out vouchers for next year's estimated tax payments, and now I have NO WAY TO ACCESS THEM - according to all the directions I can find on line.

FIX THIS SOFTWARE AND FIX IT NOW INTUIT. SHAME ON YOU FOR CHARGING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE a GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY to use your rotten, sorry, malfunctioning software! And to pay taxes, for God's sake. Intuit is the PostCard of the WORST of the IT corporations: accountable to no one, with NO HUMAN BEINGS for customer support -- ONLY other USERS.  AND THIS IS FINANCIAL SOFTWARE!!! And there's virtually NO ALTERNATIVE. SHAME ON YOU INTUIT. SHAME. Not that anyone working at your corporation has a clue what morally correct, financially prudent management of a software product would be. That this once proud & great country has come to corporations like Intuit who simply fleece the public who are doing nothing but trying to pay their taxes!

2021-03-29_Screenshot_Intuits-POS-2nd-screen-dragged-onto-1st-screen.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies